Formulation of Options for Transport Sector Policy in Lebanon
FORMULATION OF OPTIONS FOR TRANSPORT SECTOR POLICY IN LEBANON
Minister of State for Administrative Reform
CATRAM sarl , France
Transportation & Highway
2002 – 2003
Narrative Description of Project:
The specific objective of the assignment is to assist the government in the preparation and formalisation of the National Transport Policy and to propose plans for the implementation of this policy, including specifications of further EC assistance.
Description of Actual Services Provided:
The provided consulting services resulted in the following deliverables:
1. Inception Report: a refinement of the methodology and work plan and a diagnostic of the sector.
2. Interim Report: an identification of main policy options for transport sector reform.
3. Draft Final Report: a Draft Maritime Transport Policy document.
4. Final Report: a draft Transport Policy document including recommendations for the institutional, legal, and regulatory framework, and an indicative timetable for their implementation, including an integrated modal policy, intermodality and logistic considerations.
5. An identification of additional studies needed to further develop the transport policy and its modal components and their budget.
6. A note outlining terms of reference for assistance to the institutional support.
7. A brief report on the development of the work.
The effort included extensive consultations with all stake-holders, including organizing and conducting a full day high level participatory seminar.